March 18, 2020
JSB Services Moving Online
Greetings Journey South Bay!
We are moving our Sunday services online. The cool thing is we are upgrading from just audio to video as well. I will send you the direct link in my weekly newsletter going out this Friday afternoon. Or you can always go to our website to get the link. In any case, we want you to stay home and enjoy the service online.
While our on campus gatherings are temporarily suspended, we do want to continue to stay connected as best we can. Here are some suggestions:
- Email prayer requests to our Prayer Team
- Send in praise reports
- Let us know if you or someone you know needs practical help getting through this period.
- Let us know if you are willing to be contacted to provide practical help to people in need during this time.
- Contact us with any of the above at email@example.com
Also, stay connected through our Journey South Bay Instagram or Facebook accounts.
Love you guys! And I will connect again Friday afternoon via newsletter.
March 13, 2020
A Few Additional Precautions for JSB this Sunday
Hello again Journey South Bay family,
I wanted to alert you to a few additional precautions we are taking for this Sunday’s services. (If you haven’t seen my earlier email from March 12th regarding the Coronavirus/COVID-19, check it out for precautions we are taking and asking you to take.)
1) The sanctuary chairs are being arranged to allow for more spacing between seats. Therefore, things will look a little different when you come in and there will be fewer chairs.
2) Instead of passing the offering plate, there will be a container in the lobby where you can drop your contribution gift.
3) Our refreshments will be suspended at this time. However, there will be coffee and water available.
Finally, JSB has always been and is a church living in the grace of Jesus Christ. In that spirit, we want you to know that if you are uncomfortable attending for any reason or if you may be an “at risk” individual, we totally understand. No judgment here! Live free! And for those who are comfortable and desire to worship together, we will be open Sunday.
Let’s continue to keep the situation in our prayers.
In His grace and love,
March 12, 2020
Journey South Bay Church Coronavirus/COVID 19 Update
Dear Journey Family,
The coronavirus that causes the COVID-19 illness has become a worldwide concern and is on everyone’s minds. I wanted to let you know the precautions we’re taking at Journey South Bay and how our church is responding. At this point, our Sunday services will continue to be open; however, our leadership is closely monitoring the evolving situation, including statements from state and local government agencies. Please know that your safety continues to be our priority.
Here is what we are doing:
- Door handles and commonly touched surfaces are being sanitized by a team before services.
- Additional custodial cleaning is being scheduled.
- Hand sanitizers are being placed in key areas of our campus.
- Children’s equipment and play surfaces in our children’s ministry areas are being wiped down and sanitized.
- Our Hospitality Team is being hyper-vigilant in the preparation and serving of refreshments.
Here is what we are asking you to do:
- If you or your child is feeling sick, please stay home and listen to the sermon online from our website.
- If you or a family member has recently visited China, Korea, Japan, Italy, or Iran, we ask you to stay home for 14 days and listen to the sermon online.
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds at a time with soap and water. Wash your kids’ hands too! It’s easy and incredibly effective in stopping the spread of germs.
- Cover your mouth any time you cough or sneeze with a tissue or, if necessary, the elbow of your shirt sleeve.
- Don’t touch your face (a hard habit to break)
- To be sensitive to the concerns of others, as an alternative to handshaking, consider using an “elbow bump,” “air-five” or “shoe tap.”
- If you or a close family member tests positive for the coronavirus, please inform us.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments.
One final thing: Let’s PRAY...for the protection of our community and city, for wisdom for our leaders, healing for those who are sick, and a timely end to this virus pandemic. We know God is greater, He is working, and this is our opportunity to trust Him and show His love to others.
In His grace,